To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” – Thomas Aquinas
1a) 3×1 3-position Squat snatch (above knee, below knee, ground)
1b) 3×40 second Box jumps, 24/20″
*Note: Competitors should do both exercises. Fitness athletes can choose one exersise.
Competitors will enter The Gauntlet one team at a time where they will face 10 movements. Each team will perform as many reps as possible at each station (movement) for 2 minutes with a 10 second transition from movement to movement for a total of 20 minutes of work.
*One person will be working, switch as much as you want.
*A tag out must be made in the holding box of each movement before a switch can be made.
* There is a mix of body weight movements and weighted movements. For all weighted movements, you will have 5 weight choices to choose (men and women have the same choices) from with a point scale of 5 for the heaviest and 1 for the lightest. Each person on the team can use a different weight but once you have started using that weight, you cannot change your weight in the middle of that movement (ex. fatigue sets in and you want to use a lighter weight, this would not be allowed)
* All body weight movements will have a point value of 3 points per rep.
The Movements of The Gauntlet are as follows: (the order is still being decided)
1. Burpee plate jumps (3 points per rep)
2. Pull-ups (3 points per rep)
3. Toe 2 Bars. (3 points per rep)
4. Kettle Bell Swings – american (70, 53, 45, 35, 26# options w/ 5-1 descending point value)
5. Box Jumps (36, 30, 24, 20, 16″ options w/ 5-1 descending point value) *step ups are not allowed, but a step down after the jump is
6. Shuttle Sprint (down is 3 points, back is 3 points)
7. Deadlift (275, 225, 175, 135, 95# options w/ 5-1 descending point scale) *cannot drop from the top, rep starts and finishes on the ground.
8. Front Squat (175, 135, 115, 95, 55# options w/ 5-1 descending point value) *cleaned from the ground
9. Hand Release Push-ups with elevated feet (3 points per rep)
10. Sit-ups with a 10 # slam ball (3 points per rep) *slam ball must touch floor behind head and ground in front of feet
1) 5×200m Run, record your times in your WOD Book (rest 1:00)
2) Mobility: chest/lats, hamstrings/quads, low back/abs
Posted on January 19th, 2015 by Shane | No Comments »